Twilight: 2000 v1.0/2.0/2.2
|Random generators||Encounter generator (strict compliance with v2.2 rules)
Encounter generator (expanded encounter options, work in progress)
Settlement generator (strict compliance with v2.2 rules)
Player character starting equipment generator
Fast scrounging table (card draw)
|Reference||Module linkages (for v1 canon modules)
Index of Twilight: 2000 material in Challenge magazine
|Setting material||The Pacific Northwest (commercial release under GDW/Far Future Enterprises; PDF sold through DriveThruRPG)
Tara Romaneasca (commercial release under GDW/Far Future Enterprises; PDF sold through DriveThruRPG)
|Character options||Aeroscout observer career (U.S. Army)
AFSOC careers (U.S. Air Force)
ANGLICO careers (U.S. Marine Corps)
Firefighter careers (civilian)
SWCC career (U.S. Navy)
|Equipment||XM2A61 Bradley Phalanx
Expendable But Unbowed: The LAV-25 in the Twilight War (PDF)
|Alleged humor||Parody sourcebooks
Random MRE contents table (card draw)
Random character concept generator (NSFW - language)
|Setting material||Survivor's Guide to the Czech Republic (PDF)|
Driver's Guide: Czech Your Engine (PDF)
Rules Addendum (more firearms) (PDF)
Unofficial ex-dev support wiki (not under further development)
Small arms ballistics calculator
Reflex System firearm design guidelines (PDF)
Combat Example (external forum post)
Character Creation Example (external forum post)
Behind the Name (random character name generator)
Seventh Sanctum (random character name generator)
Unit Symbol Generator (NATO APP-6B conformant)
Token Stamp 2 (Roll20 token generator)
Dwarven Automata (random weather generator)
TimeAndDate (sunrise/sunset calculator)
StarDate (moon phase calculator)
The Ranting Savant
My Life as a Grog
Twilight: 2000 Solo
Later Days (paranormal; abandoned)
The Twilight: 2000 game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises and is copyright 1981-2020 Far Future Enterprises. Twilight: 2000 is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises. In the interest of respecting copyright, these pages do not reproduce substantial amounts of game text. PDFs of all published GDW material for the game are available at DriveThruRPG.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on these pages is the original work of Clayton A. Oliver, reachable at t2013 AT mac DOT com.
|3 August 2022||Launched the random player character starting equipment generator as a more sensible alternative to the gonzo results provided by the loot generator's loadout function.|
|31 July 2022||Launched the random loot generator (with bonus character loadout generator).|
|14 May 2022||Expanded encounter generator:
- Added new terrain type, coastal.
• Coastal terrain has unique animal encounter tables in all regions.
• The following group encounter types have coastal variants: hunters, marauders (pirates!), merchants.
• The following item encounter types have coastal variants: derelict vehicles, derelict convoys (shipwrecks!), villages, points of interest.
- Added new route type, rail line.
• Chance of finding a derelict train is increased on rail lines.
• Other encounters on rail lines may feature specialty rail vehicles.
- A few field hospitals will be veterinary clinics.
- Cavalry units may be accompanied by their own blacksmiths.
- Event encounters may include armed standoffs between two groups.
- Expanded the list of low-probability rare sightings for event encounters.
- Expanded the options for derelict trains.
- In clear terrain, some merchant encounters may be cattle (or other livestock) drives.
- Fixed a bug where smugglers could not be found in a village located on a river.
|12 Feb 2022||Expanded encounter generator:
- Many behind-the-scenes code changes to make future maintenance tasks easier.
- Added motorized infantry, communications, and intelligence as large military unit sub-types.
- Some villages have medical providers.
- Some villages have skilled tradespeople.
- Some villages have surplus goods for trade.
- Some villages have religious leaders.
- Some villages have fortifications.
- Some villages have live entertainment in their taverns and inns.
- All types of large military units may be found embarked on barges during river travel.
- All types of large military units have a variety of current agendas.
- Ruined villages have a much wider range of reasons for being abandoned.
- Chemical cargos may contain compressed gas cylinders with various contents.
- Patrols have a small chance to have two vehicles.
- Patrols may be escorting prisoners, villages' defense forces may be holding prisoners, and infantry and cavalry units may be escorting POW columns.
- A new item class of encounters, points of interest, is available in all territory types. Points of interest are static locations which may serve as landmarks, adventure hooks, or settings for scenes. The initial list includes construction sites, the scenes of recent gunfights, and prewar monuments.
- A new group class of encounters, events, is available in all territory types. Events are interactions between two groups that are in progress when the player characters sight them. The initial list includes combat, pursuit, commerce, shakedown/robbery, and peaceful meeting, as well as some low-probability rare sightings.
|19 Sep 2021||Added the random character concept generator for the dubious amusement of those readers with too much free time.|
|31 Aug 2021||Expanded encounter generator:
- Large unit encounters may now yield homogenous infantry or cavalry units.
- Resolved a bug which was preventing low-probability special primitives encounters from appearing.
- Cleaned up code for navigation hazards encountered during river travel.
- Added several new navigation hazards and fleshed out text for existing ones.
- Some ruined villages have been depopulated by disease.
- Fleeing embassy delegations are now a subtype of straggler encounters, not patrol encounters.
- Couriers have more options for their cargo.
|28 Aug 2021||Expanded encounter generator:
- Added containerized cargo, low-probability special railcar types, and low-probability salvageable locomotives to derelict trains.
|23 Feb 2021||Added link to DriveThruRPG for The Pacific Northwest, my first commercial release for the line since Twilight: 2013.|
|03 Jan 2021||Expanded encounter generator:
- In independent and organized territory, some patrol encounters will be community militias rather than regular troops.
|01 Jan 2021||Posted Reflex System ballistics calculator for 2013.
Expanded encounter generator:
- Homogenized artillery units.
|31 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator:
- Added river-specific variants of refugee encounters.
- Added couriers as a variant patrol encounter, as well as possible additions to merchant convoys and villages.
- Smugglers, stragglers, merchant convoys, patrols, military convoys, and large units may also be encountered in villages.
- Implemented several under-the-hood code cleanup updates that shouldn't impact results.
|29 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator:
- Added river-specific military engineering unit as a variant military convoy encounter.
- Some roadblocks (and, less frequently, some marauder camps) are fortified to varying levels.
- Added river-specific variants of roadblock and marauder camp encounters.
- Added a chance that ruined farms are instead marauder-occupied farms.
- In cantonment and organized territory, some patrols will be training units.
- Encounters on rivers that flow through woods and swamps have greater (i.e., more plausible for navigable waterways) encounter ranges.
- Removed Wear values from non-derelict vehicles, as it's not immediately relevant to the encounter.
|28 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator:
- Cleaned up, expanded, and rationalized merchant cargos.
- Added livestock of various types to merchant cargos.
- Expanded trailer types and their corresponding cargo types.
- Expanded and rationalized engineering units' vehicles.
|27 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator:
- Some large units will be regimental/brigade/division command units.
- Some military convoys will be repair/maintenance units or fueling units in motion.
|19 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator:
- Added warlord forces to defenses of villages with the appropriate government model.
- Incidental additions to list of boat and gunboat hull types; traveling religious figure subtypes; traveling entertainer subtypes.
- Added national origin to appropriate smugglers' goods and other cargos.
- Added battlefield full of wrecks as another crater encounter sub-type.
- Added trouble plot hooks to villages.
- Pintle-mounted weapons may have gun shields of varying AV.
- Civilian vehicles are possible in some encounters.
- Added various products of post-apocalyptic chemistry to the cargo tables.
|12 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator: farm encounters in cantonment territory may involve military agriculture.|
|10 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator: added villages' prewar economies for flavor and story seeds.|
|09 Dec 2020||Expanded encounter generator: added chance of a dog encounter being a single friendly dog.|
|08 Dec 2020||Moved downloads and images into their own subdirectories, changed links to match.
Posted random MRE contents table.
Posted fast scrounging table.
Added derelict trains and war cemeteries to the expanded encounter generator.